Thank you for your interest in an internship with Black River Entertainment.
Applications for Spring 2024 are now open.
Thank you for your interest in an internship with Black River Entertainment! We are very excited to find our next group of interns! If you are interested in interning with us during the upcoming Spring 2024 semester, please send your updated résumé and cover letter by end of day December 1. **To be eligible to apply, it is required that you receive college credit for this internship and that you can commit to 200 hours total during the semester.
We have internships available in the following departments: Publishing, Promotions, and Marketing/PR.
- Input songs in database
- Transcribe lyrics with meticulous detail
- Greeting all writers and guests into the Publishing Department
- Assist with various special projects
- Sit in publishing team meetings
- Help track releases for New Music Friday
- Track and benchmark song performance
- Update and maintain digital documents to keep team informed of adds, conversions, digital mailing and mailing lists
- Track/Manage swag closet inventory and assist with radio mailers
- Work closely with the promotions staff on developing and implementing different promotions for artist roster
- Placing and picking up Monday lunches
- Must be available to work on Mondays and in office
- Maintain/update artist marketing plans and timelines
- Assist in developing and executing marketing campaigns
- Transcribe creative content
- Production assistant on sight for in town photo/video shoots (schedule allowing)
- Pre-production planning
- Proofreading all creative assets
- Edit/update artist bios, boilers, press releases and newsletters
- Industry/media research
In your cover letter, please include/answer the following:
1. Is this internship for college credit?
2. Are you available through the end of the semester?
3. Which department are you most interested in and why?
4. What are you hoping to gain from this internship?
5. What makes you uniquely qualified to intern at Black River Entertainment?
* To be considered for an internship, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
**Note: Our internships are capped at 200 hours total for the semester. Our interns receive a $10/hr stipend maxed at 200 hours.
ABOUT BLACK RIVER ENTERTAINMENT:
Underneath the Black River Entertainment umbrella is a family of state-of-the-art recording studios, a record label, a management company, and a multi-GRAMMY award-winning publishing company.
Black River Records' roster of artists includes Kelsea Ballerini, Pryor Baird, Ray Fulcher, Scotty Hasting, Josiah Siska, and MaRynn Taylor. Black River Records is also home to the 6-time GRAMMY award-winner and 3-time Country Music Association Male Vocalist of the Year, Ronnie Milsap.
Black River Publishing is home to many talented songwriters and artists and has received numerous awards and accolades in the twelve years since its inception. These accolades include over 30 No. 1 songs, six of which are certified gold, ten certified platinum, five double platinum, three triple platinum, one certified five-times platinum, and two GRAMMY awards; Best Country Song with Kacey Musgraves' "Merry Go 'Round" (2013) and Best Contemporary Christian Performance/Song with for KING & COUNTRY's "God Only Knows" (2019). Black River Publishing's roster includes Black River recording artists: Pryor Baird, Josiah Siska, and MaRynn Taylor; Artist-Writers: Hannah Kerr and Bryan Simpson; songwriter/producers: Dan Wilson and Jason Earley; songwriter/producer/artist Blake Ruby; and the GRAMMY-winning songwriter/producer/artist Josh Kerr. Additionally, Black River's catalogs include hit-songwriter/Black River recording artist Kelsea Ballerini, artist-writers: Abby Anderson, Josh Wilson, and Anna Vaus; hit songwriters Doug Johnson, Forest Glen Whitehead, Jacob Davis, and GRAMMY-winning songwriter Josh Osborne. Black River Publishing is part of the Black River Entertainment family under the Pegula Sports & Entertainment company portfolio.
For more information about Black River Publishing, please visit blackriverent.com/publishing and follow them on socials.
Owned and operated by Black River Entertainment, the historic Sound Stage and Ronnie's Place studios are located on Nashville's famous Music Row. These studios have set the standard that legendary artists/musicians/producers have appreciated since the late 1960s. Artists from multiple genres have cut hits in these studios, including Kelsea Ballerini, Lee Brice, Garth Brooks, Johnny Cash, Alice Cooper, Rodney Crowell, Casting Crowns, 50 Cent, Vince Gill, Emmylou Harris, Sam Hunt, KC and The Sunshine Band, Korn, Miranda Lambert, Jerry Lee Lewis, Little Big Town, Reba McEntire, Tim McGraw, Craig Morgan, Kacey Musgraves, PHISH, Kid Rock, Darius Rucker, George Strait, Taylor Swift, The Cadillac Three, Shania Twain, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban, Chris Young and more.
Part of the Pegula Sports & Entertainment company portfolio, which includes the NFL's Buffalo Bills, NHL's Buffalo Sabres, AHL's Rochester Americans, NLL's Buffalo Bandits, and Rochester Knighthawks, LECOM Harborcenter, Buffalo Marriott at LECOM Harborcenter, ADPRO Sports, KeyBank Center, and New Era Field, Black River Entertainment and its Nashville, TN based entities.