Spring 2023 Internship
Black River Entertainment
Thank you for your interest in an internship with Black River Entertainment! We are very excited to find our next group of interns! If you are interested in interning with us during the upcoming Spring 2023 semester, please send your updated résumé and cover letter by end of day November 18th. **To be eligible to apply, it is required that you receive college credit for this internship and that you can commit to 200 hours total during the semester.
We have internships available in the following departments: Radio Promotion, Publishing, Publicity, and Marketing/Creative.
- Track and benchmark song performance
- Update and maintain digital documents to keep team informed of adds, conversions, digital mailing and mailing lists
- Track/Manage swag closet inventory and assist with radio mailers
- Work closely with the promotions staff on developing and implementing different promotions for artist roster
- Placing and picking up Monday lunches
- Assist with planning and execution of events during CRS (Country Radio Seminar)
- Must be available to work on Mondays and in office
- Input songs in database
- Transcribe lyrics with meticulous detail
- Greet all writers and guests into the Publishing Department
- Various special projects
- Staff/writers/artist bios
- Update website with press releases, news items
- Assist with bi-monthly artist document updates (boilers, talk points, bios, etc.)
- Industry research (what is going on in the industry)
- Press Clips
- Company newsletter content updates
- Tour press outreach (if applicable)
- Assist with any other publicity duties assigned
- Digital/social platform graphics
- Assist in branding concepts and overall design aesthetic on assigned projects
- Assist in designing collateral material for artists and writers on the Black River rosters, at times including but not limited to:
- Physical banners and other signage
- Trade and consumer advertising assets
- Single covers
- Physical mailers
- Research design trends within digital interface & physical print applications
- Must be skilled in using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop); Portfolio required for consideration
- Photography, editing and retouching proficiency are appreciated
In your cover letter, please include/answer the following:
- Is this internship for college credit?
- Are you available through the end of the semester?
- Which department are you most interested in and why?
- What are you hoping to gain from this internship?
- What makes you uniquely qualified to intern at Black River Entertainment?
To be considered for an internship, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
**Note: Our internships are capped at 200 hours total for the semester. Our interns receive a $10/hr stipend maxed at 200 hours.
ABOUT BLACK RIVER ENTERTAINMENT:
Underneath the Black River Entertainment umbrella is a family of record labels, a management company, a multi-GRAMMY award-winning publishing company, and state-of-the-art recording studios.
Black River Records, Black River Americana, and Black River Christian make up the family of record labels. The combined roster of artists includes Kelsea Ballerini, Ray Fulcher, Hannah Kerr, Josiah Siska, MaRynn Taylor, and Josh Wilson. Black River Records is also home to the 6-time GRAMMY award-winner and 3-time Country Music Association Male Vocalist of the Year, Ronnie Milsap.
Black River Publishing is home to many talented and award-winning songwriters, including Black River recording artists: Hannah Kerr, Pryor & Lee, Josiah Siska, MaRynn Taylor, and Josh Wilson; artist/songwriter Anna Vaus; songwriter/producers: Bobby Huff, Blake Ruby, Dan Wilson, Jason Earley and GRAMMY award-winning Josh Kerr. Additionally, Black River's catalogs include hit-songwriter/Black River Recording artist Kelsea Ballerini; artist/songwriter Abby Anderson; hit songwriters/producers Doug Johnson, Forest Glen Whitehead, and GRAMMY award-winning songwriter Josh Osborne. For more information about Black River Publishing, please visit www.blackriverent.com/publishing and follow them on Instagram.
Owned and operated by Black River Entertainment, the historic Sound Stage and Ronnie's Place studios are located on Nashville's famous Music Row. These studios have set the standard that legendary artists/musicians/producers have appreciated since the late 1960s. Artists from multiple genres have cut hits in these studios, including Kelsea Ballerini, Lee Brice, Garth Brooks, Johnny Cash, Alice Cooper, Rodney Crowell, Casting Crowns, 50 Cent, Vince Gill, Emmylou Harris, Sam Hunt, KC and The Sunshine Band, Korn, Miranda Lambert, Jerry Lee Lewis, Little Big Town, Reba McEntire, Tim McGraw, Craig Morgan, Kacey Musgraves, PHISH, Kid Rock, Darius Rucker, George Strait, Taylor Swift, The Cadillac Three, Shania Twain, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban, Chris Young and more.
Part of the Pegula Sports & Entertainment company portfolio, which includes the NFL's Buffalo Bills, NHL's Buffalo Sabres, AHL's Rochester Americans, NLL's Buffalo Bandits, and Rochester Knighthawks, LECOM Harborcenter, Buffalo Marriott at LECOM Harborcenter, ADPRO Sports, KeyBank Center, and New Era Field, Black River Entertainment and its Nashville, TN based entities.